16 November, 2010

Christian Bale Has A "Sissy" Job?



Christian Bale debuted a new, much longer do as he picked up his daughter Emmeline Bale from school on September 10, 2010 in Santa Monica, CA. One can only hope the longer locks are for a movie role, and not a personal fashion choice! Fame Pictures, Inc


Christian Bale is not proud of himself for making it in the movies - dismissing acting as a "sissy job".


The 'Batman' star is bemused by the way he is treated as a VIP despite his comfortable working life.

He tells Esquire magazine:

"I have a very sissy job, where I go to work and get my hair done, and people do my makeup, and I go and say lines and people spoil me rotten. And everyone has that kind of curiosity of how far can you go, how far can you take it. I think it's always good testing yourself."


However, Bale reveals that by "embarrassing himself" through acting he has developed a tough skin.

He adds:

"Well, it's embarrassing to be a star. Most people look at you like, 'That's not a f**king job, is it?' And then on top of that, you learn very quickly that you're just a tool - other people are manipulating everything you do, you're at the mercy of editors, and there's nothing you can do. But I learned that there's a certain character that can be built from embarrassing yourself endlessly. If you can sit happy with embarrassment, there's not much else that can really get to ya."


No comments: