02 February, 2006

I'm back..

Sorry for the delay folks...Been up and down with doing stuff away from the ole blogger.

Anyway...I went on a Speed Dating event, and it was kind of refreshing.....better than what I thought it was going to be. Check out my mini review of my experience..

The event was held by: www.xfactordates.com

There were just over 30 guys there, and we got to date just over 25 of them. There were loads of good looking guys there, however a few didn't really have much going on between the ears. In the 3 mins (which most of the time felt like 1 min) you have to try and gage enough information about the individual and select an option on your scorecard of whether you think 'Yes', 'No' or 'Friend'..I'd say there was an even split of guys i thought were either in the no/friend category. Several i actually marked 'Yes'...but the snag is to wait and see what they marked me. I've logged all my results onto the website and wait for them to mark me accordingly. If they marked me as a 'Yes' ( and me vice versa) then i will get access to their contact details...and i can take it from there. All in all...after a wine-fuelled experience...i wasn't disappointed. Most were very chatty, and the dates shyed away from the traditional 'strict questions'...eg: What would you do in this instance...etc.

If most of the speed dating events are like this one..then i'd highly recommend them. The trick is not to expect anything from it...and relax.

So this weekend...anyone up to anything interesting?

This weekend i shall be in Brighton, going to a party event with a friend off the internet..who i should add...i have never met :S We get along fine...and he's asked me to be his guest for the gala, so it should be fun.

Work wise I've been the boss since Monday, as my boss has gone away for a week. Been going well...apart from a very difficult and lazy worker. He says he's done certain things...but after investigation we find he hasn't. What to do...I really don't know, but a group of us will be bringing it up with our manager discreetly. It's sounds horrible to go behind his back...but what other way is there to deal with people like this - despite asking if he's ok with work, and offered to answer any questions he may have?

Oh well....will see how that goes.

Entertainment, entertainment, enterainment. Folks...sorry I failed to provide you with my film recommendations for the coming week. This Friday though I will definitely be giving my choices for all you cinema fans out there :D

In the mean time I must dash..

:)


No comments: