10 February, 2006

Back again..

Really sorry for the long delays in posting. Been a bit of a manic week both at work, gym and social life.

Two topics I will bring up today..meetings with exes and my recommendations for movie releases in the UK this week.

So first things first...exes.

Why is it so easy to go back? Is it the familiar touch - the whole better the devil you know scenario? Or is it that we're just too lazy to find that someone new, where the unknown seems too daunting to even think about?

The other evening I had drinks with a guy I used to see a few years back, and it was safe to say that I had a great time..

We hadn't seen each other in months, and was great to catch up. Romantically...nothing much has happened in our lives...both guilty of the odd fling here and there, but nothing really serious or long term. The crunch came when at the end of the night...in a drunken-fuelled conversation, I asked him if he definitely had to go back home that night. Alas he did...but we both felt a strong attraction that night, but the practicality of working the next day, and getting back to my place to change/him back to his place to get changed in the early hours of the morning just didn't sway in my favour.
So what is this all about...the first interest I get in a while is from an ex of a few years back? We're compatible...both in and out of the bedroom. So what's the problem? Well...we both know each other all too well..and wouldn't want to ruin the peace that we have built up over the years..

It IS a shame though, because we seemed to click all over again...but then again maybe this is expected of past relationships?

So can this circle ever be broken? Or do we hunt down a new person to throw the hula-hoop over and claim them as our new fascination? One thing I know...it was good to feel appreciated again. Not only sexually (which by the way...nothing happened the other night....honest!) but mentally. It felt great to be appreciated for the whole package, rather than just the sex side..
I think we all need to feel that appreciation in our lives...and you lucky folk who are already attached...at least you can have in on demand most of the time. Although having said that...some say that the lust/love side of things becomes less pronounced after a few years. Or is that just with gay men?

I'll let you ponder on that one..

See the next post for my movie releases recommendations..


No comments: