23 January, 2006

Monday Monday...so good to me?

What a weekend I just had!

It all started on Saturday morning, and I woke up following a very strange dream. Basically it was all about making my peace with an ex who I discovered had cheated on me.

The incident happened a while ago now, but what a strange dream to have :S Then as i made my way to the bathroom to make myself look vaguely human, I had a strange deja vu type feeling...like I had just split up with a partner who I loved greatly. I don't know where it came from...probably from the dream I had. The mind boggles!!

Anyway the Friday just gone, I discovered something horrific in the bathtub...and it wasn't a spider. On Thursday night, my considerate flat mate decided to have some friends around at around midnight. As I layed in bed I remember thinking that maybe her friends were just dropping her off home. But no...as little did I know the whole party would get worse.

They started playing 'tag' games...you know...the one where the 'IT' person goes around trying to catch someone so that captured becomes the new 'IT'..and so forth. Then...by 1am they started playing music so loud that I could hear the lyrics...by this time I was fuming with rage. Although I wasn't totally pushed over the edge towards insanity, I was so close to telling them to keep it down. But what would that of achieved? A slagging match at 2am in the morning? I just tried my best to get some sleep as I had to be up some 5 hours later..

So anyway...back to Friday eve, when I got back from work...eager to have a relaxing herbal bath..that's when I discovered the shocker. Feces...not much but enough...on the rim of the bath plughole. That was the limit...I then went downstairs, wrote a sickenly polite note to my flat mate for her to clean that bathtub herself - after all...I wasn't about to clean up someone else's shit...literally. I left the note by the bathtub and left her to it. That Friday night she had a hangover and surprisingly didn't see the note...her excuse was the first she knew of it was on Saturday morning....when she woke to go and get washed.

So...on Saturday morning...she cleaned it...and she apologised for the 'mess', and was deeply sorry for all the noise caused. Well...as much as I appreciated her attempt at an apology, I didn't quite accept the last part. There is no excuse as to lacking consideration towards your fellow housemates - it's all about manners.

So I decided to go to the gym on Saturday morning for a bit of a work out...and of course...the very important showers :) I felt revived and fresh...and after my salmon and stir-fried veg I was more than content with what ever the day could throw at me.

Saturday night I attended a birthday meal at Pizza Express in the City of London. It was really nice, and I got to do what I love doing most of all...meeting new people. This very attractive man sitting opposite me at the table was constantly topping up my wine glass, which made me a bit tipsy by the time I was due to hit the next party on my list of things to do. So the Pizza Express gang went off to watch 'Breakfast On Pluto'..while i headed to my best mate's leaving doo.

Bit of background on him...

He's South African, I first met him when working in this seedy bar in Kings Cross. We connected and got on very well...so the work-friendship developed into a friendship outside. He's been seeing this guy who he met in a nightclub called 'Crash' (a club in Vauxhall, London), but unfortunately my mate's Visa is about to expire. And since he's only been with his partner for 1.5 years, he doesn't quite qualify for being able to stay in the UK any longer. So...his plan is to go and come back in a few months...when he will begin his college course on Ceramics.

So yes, I went to his party and couldn't help but feel a little strange there. It was filled with COUPLES!!! I've nothing against couples......in small doses, so please excuse my singleton view of them :S

My other best mate came and met me (with his partner) and I felt more at ease. It wasn't that i didn't like Sean's (my S.African mate) party...it was just that I found a few of the attendees a bit too snobby. I felt like I was in the company of major money makers...who looked like they had blown their money of striving to make themselves look younger. As they spoke to me, I couldn't help but try to spot where they had their Botox treatment...but each to their own. I was just a little miffed at the fact that I was out of my depth, in a room who dissed council residents and others who didn't earn over a certain salary.
As soon as my other best mate left to go home, I decided to make a move too.. as I needed my beauty sleep for my journey to Cambridge on Sunday morning - as i couldn't afford the collagen/botox treatments that 'some' clearly could afford.

So...Cambridge...

It was my gorgeous little nephew's birthday celebration....and I must admit some of his actions shocked me. Notably, when his candle-lit birthday cake was being brought towards him by his mother...he began screaming...as if he didn't want anyone to see him blow his candle out. So we paused for a moment until he was ready...then the next tantrum came.

As you'd expect, we all cheered when he blew the candle out....and he screamed and cried - as if he didn't want all the cheering/encouragement. I know children are children....but most would be happy to have been the centre of attention...at least I'm sure I did when I was younger.
So...after the celebrations it was time for me to make my way home...back to the big smoke.

Aside from resting and watching a BBC adaptation of 'Elizabeth I', I just headed to bed...in view of the working day that lay ahead.

So...is Monday being good to me? It's just over half way through the afternoon...and I'm not sure yet. I think I'm due to meet my mate Sean tonight...though to be honest I've been slacking in the gym department, so really want to get back on track with that.

I'm hopnig you had had an eventful weekend? Hopefully a tad better than mine :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Thanks for coming to my birthday celebrations at the very busy, very packed, very noisey Pizza Express. Hope to see you soon

jx